SOLO & ENSEMBLE
For the 9th year in a row, over 1,000 students, parents, family and spectators from numerous Trailways-South Conference schools visit to watch and participate in the Wisconsin Music Association (WSMA) sanctioned Solo & Ensemble Music Festival hosted by Deerfield High School on Saturday, March 7th ( 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Students performing Class A pieces hope to earn a star rating by the judge’s to advance to the State Solo Ensemble competition at UW Whitewater April 25th.
Come and watch the performances and see the results posted throughout the day. The festival is free and open to the public. Students will perform vocal and instrumental solos, duets, trios, and ensembles before one of nearly a dozen judges located throughout the school building. Multiple sites in the building host performances simultaneously throughout the day.
* Establish standards of quality for music literature.
* Motivate students to prepare and perform to the best of their abilities.
* Improve students' understanding of music literature.
* Support improvement of school music programs through individual and group achievement.
* Encourage exploration of diverse musical styles and ensemble combinations.
Your cooperation will help make this event successful! Because so many Deerfield kids are performing (creating scheduling conflicts for most parents) it is important to reach out to the community for volunteers as room monitors and judge assistants. If you are available to help please contact Michelle Moe (513-7421 or email@example.com) or simply sign up at on VolunteerSpot, using the button below:
Thank you for your support of our musicians!!!