4 yr. Old Kindergarten
Phone: 608.764.5442 ext. 5126
WELCOME TO 4K!
It is my pleasure to welcome your child to the Deerfield 4K Learn and Play program. My name is Rachel Cleasby and I teach a 4K class in the morning at Deerfield Elementary School and a class in the afternoon at Holland's Hearts and Hands Preschool. This is my eighth year of teaching and my sixth year as a 4-year-old Kindergarten teacher. I graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2006. I taught in Milwaukee for two years before helping implement the 4K program here in Deerfield. I love teaching 4K as it is many times student's first experience with formal schooling. It is exciting to watch them grow throughout the school year. I am excited about teaching your child and providing them with a positive first school experience.
Click the link below to access Miss Cleasby's 4K website:
4K Learn and Play- Providing 4 a Great Beginning
Important components of our program include:
- Play-based curriculum
- Hands on learning experiences
- Providing a variety of ways to learn
- Voluntary participation by families and providers
- Building Kindergarten readiness skills
- Safe, friendly environment for children to learn
- Opportunities to interact with peers
- Developing language and social friendship skills
- Support networking between parents, school, and community programs